What is Mandatory Disclosure in Domestic Cases in Florida?

In Florida, parties to a domestic case (child support, divorce, modification, alimony, support unrelated to divorce, etc.) are required to exchange mandatory disclosure.  Mandatory disclosure is a long list of certain financial information and documents that must be exchanged within 45 days of the service of the initial petition or supplemental petition for medication on the Respondent.   The link with the instructions and list of documents and information to be exchanged can be found at https://www.flcourts.gov/content/download/685889/file_pdf/932%2010-21.pdf.

Mandatory disclosure requires that not only documents be exchanged but that a “Certificate Of Compliance With Mandatory Disclosure” be filed evidencing what was exchanged.  Also, as part of the mandatory disclosure the parties must file a Financial Affidavit, which is  like a budget and a listing of assets and liabilities.  There are 2 types of Financial Affidavits.  A long one, which is for people who earn more that $50 k a years (see link for the instructions and the form at https://www.flcourts.gov/content/download/685813/file_pdf/902c10-21.pdf) , and a short one, which is for people who earn less that $50k per year (see link for instructions and the form at https://www.flcourts.gov/content/download/685812/file_pdf/902b10-21.pdf).  A great source of forms your domestic relations case is found at the Florida Supreme Court Family Law Forms, which can be found at the following link: https://www.flcourts.gov/Resources-Services/Office-of-Family-Courts/Family-Court-in-Florida/Family-Law-Forms?sort=&view=embed_custom&searchtype=form&limit=50&query=financial&offset=0.

It is very important that you comply with mandatory disclosure as soon as possible since it can delay you attending mediation.  Moreover, failure to comply can result in sanctions like having to pay attorney fees to the other side or may even result in the Court striking your pleadings and defenses.  If unclear about the process, please reach out to a Florida Family Lawyer that can help you navigate this process.


Sidebar Form
Scroll to Top